Skip to main content

She is there.

I wrote this almost 3 years back, in the summers of 2012.



When will the ac start?

3 am the time is, and I am lying on my bed as helpless as today's economy, under these 3 blades, who are though producing some air but I don't know where it is going.

Powercuts have become very common these days. I notice a ray of sparse moonlight entering the room through the window. What a pleasure it is to watch the beauty fabricated by this light on the front wall. Striking the tv screen and then scattering to the rest of the room, the light rays were never so visible before. It's quite endearing to see this accompanied by some thundering from outside.

But when will the ac start. By the way, the sky is not clear today. It is only on these nights that I get a chance to take a stroll on the terrace. Its a kind of fun to point out the stars in the sky. Last time, I learned to locate the north using the Dubhe and Mirak. Sadly, I am not able to identify any galaxy today. 

But yes, I can see someone standing at a distance. Looking at her face in this pale moonlight, I think I have spotted the first star today and seems like she is able to see all of them. Hairs are pretty crooked not tied properly, but they add to the elegant beauty of the face. I haven't been able to find the reason why women need to tie their hair. A not-too-neat blue peasant top with a white sequin skirt and above all of them, two eyes looking constantly at the sky, as if they had discovered some fairy between the clouds. There is innocence in those eyes which is unique in its kind. And those bare feet one over the other, she can make any guy stupefied with the beauty. She hasn't noticed me yet and I haven't noticed anything else.  

My vision is fading now. I can feel some water droplets beat on my forehead and eyes. Oh man, I see her after able to clear some of them with my fingers for a short while. After covering half of her head with dupatta and some left over droplets on her lips and nose, she is running towards the shed with one hand holding her skirt and the other over her head making an bootless effort to cover her. 

Something happened just now and she has stopped moving. After few moments of "omg! what i did", I realise that a "stop" just came from me. I can't believe I just said that. Mostly in these situations, my senses leave me alone. Her eyes are looking at me but there is a patience in them. Some tresses of her hairs are floating in front of her face which she is trying to remove constantly. I am still silent and begging god not to stop the breeze. What a scene it is ! After a while, her steps are moving again, this time with a twinkly across her lips. I am still static and centered on her face. She is dissapearing slowly into the shed. 

Suddenly, these gratifying moments are disturbed by some screeching sound. After gaining my conscious, I discover that my mom is trying to wake me up and asking me to shift in some other room as the ac is not working.


Feel free to contact if you happen to meet that girl in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android : AbsSavedState cannot be cast to $SavedState

Android AbsSavedState cannot be cast to <View>$SavedState I came across a strange crash today. This is the stacktrace : Fatal Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: android.view.AbsSavedState$1 cannot be cast to android.widget.ScrollView$SavedState at android.widget.ScrollView.onRestoreInstanceState(ScrollView.java:1810) at android.view.View.dispatchRestoreInstanceState(View.java:14768) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchRestoreInstanceState(ViewGroup.java:3123) at android.view.View.restoreHierarchyState(View.java:14746) at android.support.v4.app.Fragment.restoreViewState(SourceFile:470) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(SourceFile:1326) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveFragmentsToInvisible(SourceFile:2323) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(SourceFile:2136) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.optimizeAndExecuteOps(SourceFile:2092)

Android Tip : Handling back button in Fragments

Android Tip : Handling hardware back button in Fragment and DialogFragment This post explains how to handle hardware back button in a Fragment OR DialogFragment . In DialogFragment, it’s quiet straight forward to achieve this. You’ve to get the dialog instance and set onKeyListener on it : if (getDialog() != null ) { getDialog().setOnKeyListener( new DialogInterface.OnKeyListener() { @Override public boolean onKey (DialogInterface dialog, int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (event.getAction() == KeyEvent.ACTION_UP && keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { Timber.i( "hardware back button pressed" ); } } }); } This can be done in the onViewCreated callback. For fragments, this method doesn’t work and fragments doesn’t have a direct callback to catch this event. So in this case, the approach that we follow is : You

DialogFragment : NullPointerException (support library)

Another weird crash this time ! Here’s the stack trace : Fatal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{<activity.fully.qualified.path>}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.app.Dialog.setContentView(android.view.View)' on a null object reference at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2659) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2724) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleRelaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:4524) at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap19(ActivityThread.java) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1479) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6123) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java) at com.android