In this series, I'll be talking about a library which is used by a lot of android developers for showcasing their in-app content, MaterialShowcaseView . I used this library sometime back for my work and had to modify it to fit my needs. In this process, I ended up digging it a lot and would like to share what I learned. The original library offers a fix set of features, which are demonstrated by the screenshots in the README. Let's jump on the technicalities right away. The original library offers two things : 1) highlighting a view ( see the README to know what I mean by highlighting here) 2) showing a content box that tells user what the highlighted view is about. Here's how it does this : The library adds a direct view child ( this class ) in the window decor view, so that it's drawn on top of your activity's view ( here ). Then, for drawing the overlay and highlighting our view, it overrides the `onDraw()` method of this view and uses android...
As the title says, I usually use this blog to put down what's currently going on in my life.
Comments
Post a Comment