Skip to main content

Beginning of a plan : Exploring Digital Nomadism in India.

I wrote about Digital Nomadism in my last post, a lifestyle that is going to change how majority of the world would be working in future, and that future is not too far.


After reading about it for some time, I knew I had to try it out once in my life. I am not planning to pursue it full time right now, but I have 2 months of time which I think is a good opportunity for me to get a taste of it.

 

But as I mentioned in my last post, there aren't many people from India who are doing it. I think 'lack of resources' is one of the major reasons people don't (or are afraid to) pursue this lifestyle in India. I am myself finding it a bit difficult to get started because of this being so unconventional here.

 

Considering the above two things, I have planned something for this summer.

 

I am going to start working on a project in the coming days which would be called :

'Exploring Digital Nomadism in India', which would include visiting particular places in India and

> checking what's the current status of digital nomadism there

> what are the possibilities there for pursuing the same, and

> documenting everything that I think can be useful for other nomads.

 

I want do this so that in future, if somebody else wants to go for it, he/she should have a good number of resources and people whom he can ask.

 

For my own experience of 'working while travelling' (And for funding this trip :) ), I am currently doing a remote software developer internship with a start up and this trip being my first time, it would be a challenge for me to manage my work with all other things.


For this first phase of the project, I would be travelling to three different places in India and exploring each place for 10 days.

I plan to start this trip mid June and currently deciding which cities I would go to. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.


I plan to write regularly about my trip so if you want to stay tuned, this is the place.


Cheers !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android : AbsSavedState cannot be cast to $SavedState

Android AbsSavedState cannot be cast to <View>$SavedState I came across a strange crash today. This is the stacktrace : Fatal Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: android.view.AbsSavedState$1 cannot be cast to android.widget.ScrollView$SavedState at android.widget.ScrollView.onRestoreInstanceState(ScrollView.java:1810) at android.view.View.dispatchRestoreInstanceState(View.java:14768) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchRestoreInstanceState(ViewGroup.java:3123) at android.view.View.restoreHierarchyState(View.java:14746) at android.support.v4.app.Fragment.restoreViewState(SourceFile:470) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(SourceFile:1326) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveFragmentsToInvisible(SourceFile:2323) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(SourceFile:2136) at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.optimizeAndExecuteOps(SourceFile:2092)

Android Tip : Handling back button in Fragments

Android Tip : Handling hardware back button in Fragment and DialogFragment This post explains how to handle hardware back button in a Fragment OR DialogFragment . In DialogFragment, it’s quiet straight forward to achieve this. You’ve to get the dialog instance and set onKeyListener on it : if (getDialog() != null ) { getDialog().setOnKeyListener( new DialogInterface.OnKeyListener() { @Override public boolean onKey (DialogInterface dialog, int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (event.getAction() == KeyEvent.ACTION_UP && keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { Timber.i( "hardware back button pressed" ); } } }); } This can be done in the onViewCreated callback. For fragments, this method doesn’t work and fragments doesn’t have a direct callback to catch this event. So in this case, the approach that we follow is : You

DialogFragment : NullPointerException (support library)

Another weird crash this time ! Here’s the stack trace : Fatal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{<activity.fully.qualified.path>}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.app.Dialog.setContentView(android.view.View)' on a null object reference at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2659) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2724) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleRelaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:4524) at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap19(ActivityThread.java) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1479) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6123) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java) at com.android